Re: Tr: while I have your attention..

On Wed, 09 Feb 2000, Johann Romefort wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the better way to go remains ANT, because anyway it will consume
> less resources than a javac-based script that recompile all the thing
> blindly.
> Exolab is using ANT in Tyrex, Castor, and OpenSpaces, the porting from
> make to ANT is quite easy and at least we'd have a truly cross-platform
> distib package. I could make the port if you want, once I have a little more
> time.
Yes I know, everybody is using ANT. But AFAIK ANT always uses javac. Is this
true? So far, jikes is WAY faster than javac even if ANT handles
dependencies and javac is started inside the same VM again and again. Correct me
if I'm wrong.

Anyway, an ANT based solution seems to be great for the cross-platform things.
Okay Johann, from now on you are the ozone-ANT guy ;) Thanks for the help!