Object creation is slow. Disk Access?

Hi,
  I finally got time to finish debugging my ozone app.  It was an annoying,
intermittant bug based on using == to compare proxies instead of isSame().
sigh.  Anyway, I'm now to the point of optimizing for reasonable speed.

  My app uses Ozone objects internally because I want to use it in
situations where I may end up with a large object graph and I don't want it
all sitting in memory.  Unfortunately that means it creates and destroys a
lot of Ozone objects in a single transaction (10,000 objects for a small
transaction (I did say a lot :)).

  While accessing Ozone objects is fast, either creation or destruction of
Ozone objects (not sure which) seems to require a disk access.  This is
making my app slow to a crawl.

  Is there any way to tell ozone to only write to disk on commit?

later,

\x/ill            :-}

P.S.  My app is fairly small, but exercises the ODBMS heavily.  As soon as
I get it cleaned up I'll release it Open Source so you can optimize against
it if you wish.

P.P.S.  Each time I've posted on this list it's been to point out something
is broken.  I should balance things a little by congratulating Falko et al.
on their great work and thanking SMB for making the project open source :).