Re: New server class with useful options

Will, I've incorporated all of your changes. Thanks. Especially the -u option
was really needed... ;)

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> >%_Hi all,
>   I've attached a modification of the main server entrypoint class with
> some useful options added.  There are two additions:
>
>   i) The "-c" option will cause the server to create a new database (just
> like the install tool) if it doesn't find a config.properties file in the
> specified directory.
But a config.properties file does always indicate that the database is okay.
Maybe it's a better idea to let -c create the db no matter what?

>   ii) the "-u<name>" option adds user <name> to the database with the first
> available id above 1024 (if that user is not already in the database).
>
>   The net effect of these two additions is to speed up debugging.  You no
> longer have to run install before starting the server if you just wiped
> your database; a fresh database will be installed if needed.  You no longer
> have to run the admin-tool before using a new database to add yourself as a
> user.
>
>   (This also means that the following code can be removed from line 149 of
> Env.java:
>
>             try {
>                 userManager.newUser ("daniela", (short)1);
>                 userManager.newUser ("gerd", (short)2);
>                 userManager.newUser ("lars", (short)3);
>                 }
>             catch (Exception e) {
>                 }
>   and added to bin/ozone and bin/ozone.bat where it is more obvious.
> )
Oh, ohhh... dirty little hack... :) I've completely deleted those "hard
wired" users.