Re: Installation problems

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Thomas Guettler wrote:
> Here are some problems I had when I tried to install ozone:
> the tutorial says i should compile the server. But I downloaded the
> binary version. I finally started the database without recompiling.
> The ozoneEnv.bat-scripts set the environment wrong:
>  I set OZONE_HOME to c:\xml\ozone,
>  and after the script the CLASSPATH was C:\xml\ozone\ozone.jar but
>  the jar-files where in ozone\bin. (I know not a big problem, but
>  maybe you want to fix it). After copying the files to the
>  right place ozoneInit worked.
Since you are talking about *.bat files it seems that you are on win.
Unfortunately the support for win is broken. I asked the list for help. So far
Johann will try to make an AT built system for ozone but I don't know its
status. The *.bat start scripts need to be reworked to reflect the
functionality of the shell scripts.

> I tried the source-code-zip, but had to fix some scripts in
> the ozone/bin directory. They use the command "source" and not ".".
> I am using FreeBSD and the /bin/sh of FreeBSD knows not "source"
> (source is as far as I know not in the POSIX-Standard)
> (maybe someone who has access to the cvs wants to change the "source" to
>  ".")
Hmmm... now you are using BSD. What do you have to do with the *.bat files?
Anyway, I would delete the 'source' from the scripts but the '.' does not work
for my Linux bash. The command is executed but in a different shell environment
so that the variables that are set by ozoneEnv are not visible outside. Ideas?

> I have not jikes, so i had to fix the makefile.env
No big deal, I hope.

> After that "make" worked fine. But "make api-doc" failed because I
> have only jdk1.1.8
In the 0.4 releases it's just 'javadoc'. Should work also with jdk1.1.

> The tutorial says I should put OZONE_HOME in my path, but why? The
> executables are in ozone/bin. Here is a quote of the tutorial:
> "export OZONE_HOME='your_ozone_directory'
>  source $OZONE_HOME/bin/ozoneEnv
>  export PATH=$OZONE_HOME:$PATH
It's a bug. I've changed this.

Thanks for the report, Thomas.