[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ozone & modularity
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: ozone & modularity
- From: Andreas Monitzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:37:15 +0100
- Delivered-To: softw7-ozone-db:firstname.lastname@example.org
On Monday, February 5, 2001, at 12:27 PM, Falko Braeutigam wrote:
> > - total number of objects < 2^32 , because of ObjectID used ;
> not exactly true. 2^48 objects per ozone database node plus 2^16 nodes per
> cluster. (clusters are of course not yet implemented)
That's a problem for me. 2^16 nodes = 65536 database objects
2 objects/posting + 1 object/newsgroup + 1 object/newsserver + 1 main object = much more than that (normal usenet servers have about 50,000-100,000 newsgroups alone).
Is it easy to extend this number? 2^32 would be enough (4,294,967,296 objects).
We fucked up. We fucked up big time.
-- Steve Jobs