Re: ozone & modularity

On Mon, 05 Feb 2001, Andreas Monitzer wrote:
> On Monday, February 5, 2001, at 02:44 PM, Falko Braeutigam wrote:

> > > That's a problem for me. 2^16 nodes = 65536 database objects
> > Not database object, Andreas. 65536 servers in a cluster of ozone servers.
>

> Oh, sorry. I got confused by your statement "every DOM node is an database
> object" in the same message. I don't know much about XML storage.
Yes, all these nodes and object types are somewhat confusing ;) I should have
made this more clear.

> database node != DOM node, ok :)

- database object: Java object in the database
- database node: one server in a cluster of servers (again, not implemented)
- DOM node: clear; in current implementation one DOM node is one database object

> andy
> 281,474,976,710,656
so other things will probably be the limit ;)