Re: ozone & modularity

On Tuesday, February 6, 2001, at 12:56 PM, Falko Braeutigam wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Feb 2001, Andreas Monitzer wrote:
> > I did some testing on a database server some time ago (not much better than
> > my machine). It got about 5000 queries/sec (real-world usage).
>
> Did this test involve execution of any Java code??? ...
>
> Please, let's try to not compare apples to pears.

I don't think that the difference 2 <-> 5000 is only related to it being in Java.
But you're right, there are too many layers involved:

The main loop is written in Objective C, it calls a proxy object, which calls the database proxy, which sends a message via the network layer to the database, and so on.
I'll try to generate the list inside the database, that should speed up things.

andy

--
We fucked up. We fucked up big time.
-- Steve Jobs