Re: Thread question

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Tim Brown wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to have a database object run a
> thread?  I have a clock object I want to fire up its own
> thread to track time.  I get a unserializable error when I
> try to start up the new thread.  Is there a way to do this?

No, not yet. ozone provides a managed environment to execute objects.
Normally threads should not be started by those business objects. It is better
to provide a new kind of service by the ozone core. Something like a
notification service or, even better, a generic service API. How does EJB handle
non-useraction driven operations?