[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Thread question
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Thread question
- From: Falko Braeutigam <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:18:55 +0100
- Delivered-To: softw7-ozone-db:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: SMB
On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Tim Brown wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to have a database object run a
> thread? I have a clock object I want to fire up its own
> thread to track time. I get a unserializable error when I
> try to start up the new thread. Is there a way to do this?
No, not yet. ozone provides a managed environment to execute objects.
Normally threads should not be started by those business objects. It is better
to provide a new kind of service by the ozone core. Something like a
notification service or, even better, a generic service API. How does EJB handle
non-useraction driven operations?
Falko Braeutigam mailto:email@example.com
SMB GmbH http://www.smb-tec.com