Search for open source OODBMS finally over! Thank you.

Falko and other dev's,

It's been several years now that I've been whining that there was no
opensource oodbms' (obviously I didn't look hard enough).  A couple days ago
I stumbled upon ozone... and it looks great.

I have to admit, I initially saw the absence of a query language (ie OQL) as
a big drawback, but the manual handling of indexes and searching makes
sense... it really gives you control at a low level, and the collection
classes within 1.2 are quite fast. (I guess it's still java, though, so not
as fast as natively compiled code).  Well done with ozone... I'm sure a ton
of work went into it.

I do have one quick question though... why not use
java.lang.Runtime.getRuntime().addShutdownHook(thread) in the main server
thread to trap shutdowns via os interrupts (ie. ctrl-c), instead of
mandating 'q'?

I'm currently integrating ozone into a performance comparison test, here at
work, to determine if we are to use it... and am very much thinking of using
it in my own opensource project (http://benow.org).  I'll let you know when
and what it's being used for, if we decide upon it.

Thanks again,

Andy