Re: Error restarting database

On Thu, 01 Jan 1970, tedf@exis.net wrote:
> >On Wed, 08 Mar 2000, Ted Foye wrote:
> >> I am using JDK 1.3 R1 on WinNT 4.0.  I compiled the Ozone source 0.4-dev4.
> >> can create a database, start the server, and add users using the Admin tool.
>
> >> If I shutdown the server and then restart it I get a "RunTimeException in
>
> >> DxAbstractCollection: Local class not compatible" error.  What's going on?
> >> have to recreate the database before I can restart the server.
> >
> >Was the database created by another version of ozone? In this case you need
> >recreate the database. Of course all your data will be lost. We need the XML
>
> >dump tool to backup and restore databases in a version independend manner.
>

> >Falko
> >--
> >______________________________________________________________________
> >Falko Braeutigam                         mailto:falko@softwarebuero.de
> >softwarebuero m&b (SMB)                    http://www.softwarebuero.de
> >

> I did some debugging and found what was causing the errors.
> In Setup.java I changed:
>
>     public Object property (String _key, Object _default) {
>         try {
>             String result = stringProperty (_key, (String)_default);
>             if (result != null) {
>                 ===> int byteCount = result.length();
>                 ===> byte[] bytes = new byte[byteCount];
>                 ===> for (int i=0; i<byteCount; i++) {
>                     ===> bytes[i] = (byte)result.charAt (i);
>                     ===> }
>                 ObjectInputStream in = new ObjectInputStream (new ByteArrayInputStream
> (bytes));
>                 return in.readObject();

>     public Object property (String _key, Object _default) {
>         try {
>             String result = stringProperty (_key, (String)_default);
>             if (result != null) {
>                 ===> byte[] bytes = result.getBytes();
>                 ObjectInputStream in = new ObjectInputStream (new ByteArrayInputStream
> (bytes));
>                 return in.readObject();
>

> Also in Env.java, function storeSetup(), the function save() has been deprecated
> as of 1.2.  The preferred method is store()

Ahh... the Setup problem :( The next version will use Base64 encoder/decoder to
avoid these problems. Currently I'm reworking the UserManager to fix the
reported problems. Also, since JTAs UserTransaction is not intended to be used
as in the current ozone version I have to do some work on it ;) Any JTA experts
out there? As soon as I'm done here I will release next version.