Re: XML/Convert.java

Hi,

Thu, 16 Mar 2000 Thomas Guettler wrote:
>I just found Convert.java. It ist great. It is simply
>interface for using ozone with enhydra.

This sample does nothing then calling the convertNode() method from
the DOM converter. Why do you think it is appropropriate as an
Enhydra interface?

>I have got a question, maybe someone knows an answer:
>Is there a generic way to convert ozone-objects to memory-objects?
>Is there a way to check it out, (to memObject) and back in (to ozoneObject
>again)?

No, there is no generic way of doing that. Mostly it is important to have
the ozone proxies on client side and changes will effect the database
content. So the DOM converter is needed only in some special circumstances.

>The intalio-project seems to do a ozone-enhydra integration, too.
>Has someone experience with it?

>For newbies like me, the XML/README could mention that convert.java is much
>faster than printing
>on clientside with Load.java.

Hmm, the intention of Convert.java was not to offer faster printing on
client side but to show the way of using the same DOM converter to
produce an in-memory representation.

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de