RE: FW: Some small Q's

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Jon Finanger wrote:
> > To say it in other words: you deal with proxies - not keys! We
> > are in the OO world!
>
> Ok, but we still need identification of the proxies doesn't we? :)
> What would you do to retrieve a Person with personsName = "Jon Finanger" ?
> Creating the object using createObject("PersonImpl");

Right now there is a wonderful thread in comp.database.object where this
questions has been discussed over and over again. If possible, take a look!

Database objects (proxies) should be considered as simple Java objects. How do
you identify the objects of your application? You are traversing the object
graph, I guess. This is the same with persistent (database) objects. The same
code works with normal and persistent object. That's the goal, that's the
trick! Now, before you ask if this is inefficient compared to an query language,
please read the mentioned thread in the news.

> \Jon
> (Sorry for all this stupid questions, i haven't really had the time to
> research the thing deeply yet - but i will :))
No problem.