Modifying classes

Hi,

This is undoubtedly a very basic question but I can't find the answer so
please just tell me where to RTFM.

I put together a set of classes to store in Ozone as a test.  This worked
great so I decided to modify the classes to do more (and re-generated the
proxies). But this causes the server to throw an exception
java.io.InvalidClassException "class not compatible".

I think I deleted all the old objects and restarted the server, but to no
avail.

Deleting the data directory and re-running ozoneInst solved the problem, but
seems a little too violent for general use.

What is the correct way to do this?

Thanks,

Rob