Xerces Upgrade [was: Re: XML sample, DocBook and Xerces]

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:03:07 +0100
Falko Braeutigam <falko@smb-tec.com> wrote:

> something like 1.1.3+
>
> the ozone distribution package contains xerces just to allow to run the samples
> and the admin tool without the need to download additional packages. The server
> itself is completely independent from the XML parser. The XML parser only runs
> on the client side of a ozone app. So you may use whatever XML parser you get
> to compile and run whith your client code.
>
> Because of some dependencies between ozone and Prowler I would like to stick
> with the current xerces in the ozone CVS. Did other encounter problems in this
> regard?

Well, Infozone/Prowler, which uses the same version, has several problems
transforming the XML documentations to HTML. Upgrading the Xerces library
to 1.3.0 resolves this problem. So, we may consider to upgrade this package.

Lars
Lars Martin                                    mailto:lars@smb-tec.com