Re: new questions: implicit tranactions and object identity

On Mon, 05 Mar 2001, george stewart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some newbie questions about ozone.
>
> I have read that ozone supports transactions
> implicitly.  What implicitly demarks transaction?

A method call on a proxy from the client side. Consider the garage example
from the tutorial. GarageImpl exposes the business logic to the client. It
provides method like addCar(), which is a business process in this example.
addCar() is called from the client. But this method inturn calls other methods
on other objects. All the methods are running inside the same transactional
context.

> In contrast to RDBMS, it seems that, for many
> instances, it is not necessary to give an object
> identity in order to find it.  Do most ozone
> developers routinely give objects identity?

All ozone objects have an identity. This is part of the oozone object model.
This cannot be controlled by the programmer. Each object automatically gets
an unique object ID.

> Is there any site which offers search for the ozone
> mail archive?

No, sorry.