Object is not Serializable - Exception

Hai,

Actually i have class CarImpl which has a attribute wheelList of type Vector, the elements that i store in this wheelList is an object of type Wheel.

Now, i want to store the CarImpl object in the Ozone database,
do i need to create an Impl class  and a proxy class for Wheel Object.
or the CarImpl by itself stores the Wheel object also.

the above mentioned is my basic doubt.  but i have tested this concept in both the ways.
in both the ways it gives me an unexpected exception: wheelImpl is not serilizable.(this error occurs even when i am creating proxy class for wheel object )

bye,
priyaa