Re: Object is not Serializable - Exception

On Tue, 06 Mar 2001, Priyaa wrote:
> >%_Hai,
>
> Actually i have class CarImpl which has a attribute wheelList of type Vector, the elements that i store in this wheelList is an object of type Wheel.
>
> Now, i want to store the CarImpl object in the Ozone database,
> do i need to create an Impl class  and a proxy class for Wheel Object.
> or the CarImpl by itself stores the Wheel object also.

Depends on the design of your application. If there are not too much and
small Wheel objects that no other object than the enclosing CarImpl objects
needs to directly access, then Wheel objects should not be a database object.
Thus no proxies and Impls are needed.

> the above mentioned is my basic doubt.  but i have tested this concept in both the ways.
> in both the ways it gives me an unexpected exception: wheelImpl is not serilizable.(this error occurs even when i am creating proxy class for wheel object )

This probably has nothing to do with the above. It simply means that your
Whell(Impl) class is not serializable.