Re: Doubt....

On Thu, 08 Mar 2001, Priyaa wrote:
> >%_Hello,
>
> 1. If I change the class whose object is stored in the database, I am not
> able to access the database. But I could access it,  if I create the database
> again. What should be done to access the database without deleting it or Do we
> have some other way?

It isn't possible to reload classes while the ozone JVM is running. If the
class file of a database class has changed you must restart (not recreate) the
server. This is indeed a drawback of the current version.

> 2.  While storing the objects in the database, Is it not necessary to commit
> it?

If you don't use explicit transaction demarcation (via ExternalTransaction),
then transactions are implicitly commited after each remote method invocation.