on objectOfClass method and listing of Db contents

I read the discussions on the objectsOfClass method and how to list the
Db contents and it
seems to me that most people ( maybe because of relational Dbs ) expect
the Db to have such a way of
listing the contents.

Falco wrote:
> it is possible to develop such an ad-hoc browsing tool because
> the structure of the database classes can be retrieved via Java
> reflection.

Can we have a bit more on that ?
Introspect what to get what ? How do I get the first object to start
with ?

> But currently I do not know if such a tool is really needed.
> Because it would only be able to _show_ the object structure of the
> database.

I need to get the Db filled with objects unknown to me but inheriting
from
a standard framework and I need to be able to see what is in there,
introspect it,
cast it to the appropriate type and work with it.
So I have everything inheriting from 2 classes Component and Document
from which
I could use the objectsOfClass and do the above.
How do you suggest that something like this could be done in a more OO
way through
the ozone API.

> It's not implemented and probably will never be implemented. It
perfectly
> doesn't fit into the ozone API.

ok it may not be a very OO way of dealing with the situation ... but
give some hints on
a more proper solution

Esteban Porcelli wrote :
> Is not implemented and I do not think that they are going to implement
it
> either.
> what you can do is have one root object with references to other
objects.

we are not talking about having each object registering itself to a
static array attribute on
each object it relates somehow with ... or something else can somebody
explain a bit more ????

Thx :)

Charlie