Re: on objectOfClass method and listing of Db contents

expect

>> > This exactly is the problem - people expect relational features when
they
>> > just read "database". Therefore, even if this may cause other problems,
>> > propose to start to call ozone "Object Server". If we all agree on this
term I
>> > will change web site.

That would probably cause confusion amongst the those who know what an
object database does :) I think the term is widely understood by
developers -- it has a standards committee, and "what-is" pages show up on
simple web searches so it had better be by now :)

On a more serious note, I think it's perfectly possible to provide a
lowish-mid-level API/interface that is happy with either an underlying
relational or object database without sacrificing speed; I'm building one at
the moment (using Ozone) for a fairly generic set of applications in my open
source persona -- it'll be released in a month or so, I imagine, at
www.twilightminds.com. Listing the contents would certainly be possible...

Reason
http://www.exratio.com/