Another Ozone/XML question

Hi Ozonites,
Has anyone used the getPDocument() method of XMLContainer. In the documentation it says that it returns a "persistent" document. Does it mean that if I change this "Document", (add/delete/modify node), then the changes are made in the database also? I can not use the Xupdate because I need to do some pre/post processing. That is why working on a Document works better for me and If I am getting transparent persistent behaviour, all the better.
Any ideas/suggestions are welcome? Thanks for all who replied to my last question.
- Milind