Re: on objectOfClass method and listing of Db contents

Falko Braeutigam wrote:

> > On a more serious note, I think it's perfectly possible to provide a
> > lowish-mid-level API/interface that is happy with either an underlying
> > relational or object database without sacrificing speed;
>
> Yes, this is possible. The questions is, is your API real OO?
>
> > I'm building one at
> > the moment (using Ozone) for a fairly generic set of applications in my open
> > source persona -- it'll be released in a month or so, I imagine, at
> > www.twilightminds.com. Listing the contents would certainly be possible...
>
> Great! Please, please keep us posted.
>
> Falko
> --

Yeah, I had exactly the same idea no later than this week. I am the persistence guy
in a small group of developers. We want to build a group-collaboration piece of
software, and need (of course) persistence. We decided there should be an
OO-storage API, as well as a relational (SQL) API. So I decided to build to APIs
that can either cooperate or be mutually exclusive. The OO API will be based upon
Ozone.

Take me well: this is going to be a commercial piece of software. The prototype is
scheduled for september this year. I think Ozone is great.

I am actually reverse-engineering ozone with Rational Rose.

Anybody interested in diagrams ? Or a complete Rational Rose model ?

--
Jan van Oort

Database Fire Fighter