Re: Ozone/XML question

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Reason wrote:
> >Thanks to Falco for replying to my previous query about "Server exception".
> Until now I have been using Jdom. So I was kind of
> >spoiled with the easy API!.  Anyways, I implemented a deep copy using the
> persistent document as the DOM factory for creating new
> >nodes. And it worked fine. I am really excited now that I have a persistent
> "Document" which I can manipulate on the fly
> >
> >I have aother simple question. How can I get names of all the documents
> stored in the database?  Thanks,

> Incorporate an index object into your API and add and remove references to
> your documents as you go along; that would seem to be the ODB way.

I'm not sure if this is _the_ ODB way - but for sure it is the ozone way of
doing things ;) The ozone API is very simple and exactly for this reason it is
very powerful. This simple API is powerful enough to handle things like Java
objects, BLOBS and XML documents the same way! Therefore the ozone API itself
should stay as simple as possible (like it is today) However, others may build
rich APIs for special domains like XML document management on top of the simple
native ozone API. This is how I picture the future of ozone.