Re: troubles building 0.6.1

On Sunday, March 25, 2001, at 07:30 , Jerry Seeger wrote:

> I rushed out and bought MacOSX (based on freeBSD) today largelyu so I
> could experiment with products like Ozone. I have encountered a couple of
> problems building the app, however.

I'm successfully using ozone in Mac OS X since DP4.

> I am putting the project together with ProjectBuilder (If anyone wants it,
>  I will share when I get it working).

Well, I'd rather use the Makefile, since they might change something in
the build process later.

> I have encountered a couple of problems that surprise me as they seem to
> be with the source files rather than anything I am doing.
>
> In TransactionCanvas, I had to add the line 'import org.odmg.Transaction;
> ' to resolve an inability to resolve a symbol.

Hm... I just tried to recompile it (today's cvs) using make and build.sh,
didn't work either.

ozone/org/ozoneDB/xml/util/SAXChunkConsumer.java:286: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method createElementNS  (java.lang.String,java.lang.String)
location: interface org.w3c.dom.Document
             newElem = domFactory.createElementNS(_namespaceURI, _rawName);

and some more...

I've got an old jar-file I compiled with Public Beta. I could send it to
you.

> So what gives? Why did i have to add an import statement to one of the
> classes when no one else seems to have to? I look at the code and it
> really should have the import statement. I'm curious why it works for
> everyone else.

Me too.

> More important, what do I have to do to get this built? I am very anxious
> to use Ozone, but as a way to complete a project, not as a project itself.

btw, Mac OS X is NOT beta, it was released yesterday.

andy