Re: Fwd: OZONE - the name

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Stefan Ericsson wrote:
> Maybe I'm a bit late in the discussion (trying to catch up), but I totaly
> agree on not calling it a database management system.
> Why not "Object Persistent Storage"? Isn't that what it's about?
> I'm not sure I like "Object Server", that doesn't tell me anything.

This is true, "Object Server" tells nothing - but sounds cool ;) and, of course
more important, others (POET, if I remember right) use this term too for very
similar products. "Object Persistent Storage" is more descriptive but I'm not
sure if people would expect a transactional multi-user, multi-threaded
client/server system behind this term.

Falko