RE: [Fwd: Update on Ozone's library...]

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Knapp, Robert (CAP, CMC) wrote:

> > You do not need to mix them. Again, castor (as well as all
> > the other jars in
> > ozone/bin) is _not_ needed to compile ozone _clients_. Just
> > make an ozone.jar
> > and put this in the CLASSPATH when compiling your clients. Ready. No
> > castor.jar, no problems.
>
> Falko,
> 	I did have a problem compiling a client that used OZONE\XML api
> when I didn't have the lexus jars in my classpath... I kept getting a class
> not
> found (I can't remember the specifics, sorry).  Once I added the jars from
> ozone/bin, everything went beautiful.
>
> The class was stolen errr... _modeled_ on the Client.java in the XML
> directory under samples.
>
> 	It could just be a fluke of my classpath, but I've been meaning to
> pass that on for a few days now....

This is true, if your client wants to use the ozone/XML API than it needs
some jars in the CLASSPATH as well as you need jta.jar in your CLASSPATH
when you want to use the JTA/XA interface of ozone and so on -- but this has
nothing to do with the server. You can use whatever jars you need on the
client (same castor.jar or different or half of it none or whatever). This will
not affect the server as long as you need castor classes just in the client and
not in the database objects itself.