Re: seg. fault during samples/XML/Store.java

Hi,

Tue, 04 Apr 2000 Thomas Guettler wrote:
>I used Store.java very often. If I use small files, it works fine,
>but if I store bigger ones a get a seg.fault. the file looks like this:
>
><doc>
><element id="1"/>
><<element id="995"/>
><element id="996"/>
><element id="997"/>
><element id="998"/>
><element id="999"/>
></doc>
>
>Here is what I did:
>
>bash-2.03$ java Store big.xml
>filename: big.xml
>hostname: localhost
>parse into memory time: 624 ms
>SIGSEGV   11*  segmentation violation
>    si_signo [11]: SIGSEGV   11*  segmentation violation
>    si_errno [0]: Erfolg
>    si_code [0]: SI_USER [pid: 0, uid: 0]
>        stackpointer=0xbfffe71c

No stacktrace was printed?

>Has someone experience with storing "big" (I think a file with 1000 is
>not really big)
>xml-files in ozone.

We use shakespeare's poetry for testing without problems. These files are
between 100 - 200k and have between 10,000 - 15,000 DOM nodes. Maybe other
users have similar problems?

>The same xml-file with 100 elements was stored without problems

Which ozone distribution do you use? Did you try another jdk?

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de
softwarebuero m&b (SMB)              http://www.softwarebuero.de