Re: ozone 0.4 available -- out of the box NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/xa/XAResource

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Marek Lugowski wrote:
> help, this is on NT, replacing 0.3.2 with 0.4 -- two items.
>
> Item 1.
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/xa/XAResource
>
> What am I missing, relative to what works for 0.3.2?  I just wanted to
> replace 0.3.2 binary distribution with 0.4 binary and get on with
> simple persistence storage, nothing fancy.

There are some new libraries needed by ozone. They are all in the ozone
directory but the win start script doesn't include them in the CLASSPATH. I've
attached new ozoneEnv.bat that hopefully cures the problem.

> I unpacked ozone0.4, went through the usual motions of altering the
> system classpath, path, and ozone_home on my NT box to repoint all "ozone"
> directory mentions to "ozone4" where I dumped the contents of the zip file's
> ozone directory, but I did not add any new items to the classpath.
>
> Then, I ran ozoneInst (with the trouble described in Item 2 below),
> added users in ozoneAdmin, and expected things to work seamlessly as
> with ozone 0.3.2 -- they did not.  This line of my code
>
>   private RemoteDatabase db = new RemoteDatabase(); // may be LocalDatabase()
>
> throws the no class found error mentioned earlier.  I assume there's a
> needed jar file going unfound.  Yes?
>

> Item 2.
>
> Had no luck typing -DozoneDB.dbID=0 on ozoneInst command line, dunno
> why.  Always tells me illegal option, for both the property and the value,
> see screen capture below.
'ozoneInst -DozoneDB.dbID=0 -d/tmp/db' should work as soon as all the libs are
in your CLASSPATH.

> (The TeX (erm, not in html anymore) tutorial instructions are still
I do builds from a freshly checked out CVS tree now. And so I simple forgot to
build HTML tutorial.

> for the old syntax of ozoneInst, btw., you know, option -i0.)
> Slightly unimportant, as not specifying an option works too, with
> default id being set to 0, and a config file being generated.

rem $Id: ozoneEnv.bat,v 1.2 2000/02/25 19:17:21 daniela Exp $

@echo off

rem -----------------------------------------------------------
rem - O Z O N E  E N V I R O N M E N T  S E T T I N G S
rem -----------------------------------------------------------
rem -
rem - Its important to note that problems can occur if you
rem - already have the ozone JAR files in your classpath.
rem -
rem - This will be indicated by an 'Out of Environment Space'
rem - error.
rem -
rem - NOTE: Comment out the '@echo off' line at the top
rem - to have errors reported to you.
rem -
rem - It is assumed OZONE_HOME is set to the location of
rem - your Ozone base directory.
rem -

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%OZONE_HOME%
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%OZONE_HOME%\bin\ozone.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%OZONE_HOME%\bin\gnu-regexp-1.0.8.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%OZONE_HOME%\bin\jta-spec1_0_1.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%OZONE_HOME%\bin\castor.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%OZONE_HOME%\bin\jndi.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%OZONE_HOME%\bin\w3c-dom.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%OZONE_HOME%\bin\xalan.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%OZONE_HOME%\bin\xerces.jar