Re: XLink XPointer ?

Hi all,

Wed, 05 Apr 2000 Lars Oppermann wrote:
>I might be wrong here, but isn't a producer-class (like the one thats
>already basicaly implemented in 0.4) a more flexible way of getting xml
>out of the repository via cocoon.

The included OzoneProducer was just an example to show the way to use ozone
as a DOM produce for Cocoon. I think it was proposed by Zvi and I think we
have a working implementation somewhere at SMB. ;-)

>If I understood the idea behind the producer the right way (which is tot
>100% shure) external links would just be mapped to the right location
>via XPath and you could reference your documents like they where in a
>filesystem.

For Prowler we need a more interactive way to communicate between ozone/Prowler
and the http browser. Prowler ist not only a producer it manipulates the
existend content and integrates new content too. So we started to implement a
DCP class but DCP is not any longer the solution for dynamic content. It is
still included in the Cocoon distribution but the Cocoon guys moved to XSP as
the successor of DCP. So we decided to implement a XSP taglib for Prowler.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de