Re: SecurityException and objectsOfClass question

On Thu, 06 Apr 2000, Stefan Heller wrote:
> Hello,
> I have two questions relating the ozone 0.3.2. I couldnt work with the 0.4
> cause I have the same problems like Marek. I'm working on Windows98 using JDK
> 1.3 RC2.
>
> If I open a dialog frame on my parent frame and just pass a panel that
> references some OzoneRemote objects, I always got a security exception:
>
> java.lang.SecurityException
>         at org.ozoneDB.core.OzoneSecurityManager.checkTopLevelWindow(OzoneSecuri
> tyManager.java:135)
>         at java.awt.Window.setWarningString(Unknown Source)
>         at java.awt.Window.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at javax.swing.SwingUtilities$1.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.getSharedOwnerFrame(Unknown Source)
>         at javax.swing.JDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at javax.swing.JDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)

The OzoneSecurityManager throws an Exception on checkTopLevelWindow() to
prevent database objects from having any kind of GUI. However, in case of
LocalDatabase this also prevent the client from having a GUI which is not
intended. I will remove this for now. As soon as we have a dedicated ClassLoader
for database classes in place we can also have a dedicated SecurityManager which
should solve the problem. So are there any news from the ClassLoader front, Ted?

> The other problem is, that "objectsOfClass()" ALWAYS returns null. I tried the
> following:
It's not implemented and probably will never be implemented. It perfectly
doesn't fit into the ozone API. It's a remnant from very early versions. It
should throw an exception. I don't know why it doesn't.