Re: ozone 0.4 available -- ... now error on first createObject call

On Fri, 07 Apr 2000, Marek Lugowski wrote:
> Falko, can't use another jdk, since I'm kinda stuck with jdk 1.3 since
> I use the Robot class.  And I create a new database directory from
> sratch each time.  I recompiled the my simple proxy Impl class too,
> but that was a no-op
>
> Since one other user reports exactly the same problem with Windows 98,
> albeit RC2 whereas I use RC1, (and I am doing this on NT) and since
> 0.3.2 works just fine for both of us, looks like something broke in 4,
> platform-dependent in either createObject or in how the initial database
> is created.  That the -DozoneDB.dbID=<id> option generates an error is not
> encouraging, either.
This is a problem of the win *.bat scripts, especially ozoneEnv.bat. The unix
version sorts out -D* parameters and give them to JVM instead of using them as
app parameter. The win version doesn't do this. But as mentioned earlier,
since I don't have a win box here, someone else has to look at this.

>  Could you take a look at the ozone server
> messages I included and tell me if they are as expected, esp. the Wizard
> Store "recovering" part.
If the database dir was just created or the server was correctly shut down,
then no recovery is expected. Does it recover each time?

Did you try the ozone/samples/simple example?