RE: eXelon performance

I figured it was probably Xalan being the hog.

OK, so it seems obvious that bringing the DOM in mem and searching using
Xalan is not a very good solution. What would be some alternatives. Maybe
using XML data binding to bring in XML files in as Java Objects and then
storing the Objects vs. a DOM... then you could use ozones ODMG dot syntax
queries on the objects. I'm not sure how a solution like with would work
with ozone since every class needs an interface for RMI. Maybe there would
be a way to automate this process as part of the XML data binding? Just an
off the wall idea.

Falko, thanks for taking the time to look into this and sharing you
thoughts. Plus, be honest about how darn slow it is at handling XML... but
you know what. There are hardly any good XML storage solutions out there and
even most of those are also slow because they hacked something together.

-david