Re: OzoneProducer

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Kees Jongenburger wrote:
> hi,
>

> Can you tell me what the type of documents i should be when using for
> the OzoneProducer from the examples. i stored the document using the Store
> (from /sample/XML/Store.java)
>
> is have tryied 2 "types" of xml files
> xml files with no PI's
> and
> xml  with no PI's using:
> 	<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
> 	<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
> 	<?xml-stylesheet href="/xsl/main.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
> Both wil give a different error.

The OzoneProducer was Zvi's first shot to use ozone together with Cocoon. It
doesn't run very well because Cocoon assumes to get an in-memory DOM out of the
Producers. So the OzoneProducer cannot simply search the Document node and pass
it to Cocoon.

Anyway as mentioned earlier we are working on a much better way to use Cocoon
and ozone for XML-based web apps. We call this new project 'infozone'. It
includes clean APIs to access an XML repository *and* other, maybe non-XML data
sources, via XPath and DOM. (together with access right, user roles, and stuff
like that). All this well prepared to be used in Cocoon and/or Cocoon2 (XSP
tag-lib). We should be able to release some working code in the next 3-4 weeks.

However, Conny here at SMB will try to make the current OzoneProducer work. He
will get back to you with new info ASAP.