RE: OzoneProducer

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, David Duddleston wrote:
> Just a side note:
> Cocoon 2 is moving to a SAX vs. DOM a centric enviroment. How will this
> effect this new project 'infozone' if it is DOM (PDOM) based and Cocoon is
> SAX. Could be a lot of overhead going back and forth between SAX and DOM?

We are focusing on Cocoon2 exactly for this reason. Today the typical
processing chain is something like: send XPath query to the server - process
XPath - convert the result set - send result back to the client by serializing
it - deserializing at the client - import into Cocoon document which needs to
process every node again. Sending back simple SAX events from the server should
be faster because SAX is way faster to serialize and we avoid the explicite
import step because we can send the SAX events straight to Cocoon. In other
words: we will stay with DOM on the server because this is good for XPath but
we will use SAX to transfer data.