Re: Looking for a good PDOM - documentation

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> Falko Braeutigam wrote:
>
> > > Is it possible to extract only the PDOM code from ozone
> > > without any RMI or whatever as we look for maximum speed?
> > NOOOooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOO!!! This is not possible. (sorry ;) but I've answered
> > this questions 100 times before; but I understand that the lack of documentation
> > leads to such questions again and again)
> Ok. i'm sorry :-)
No problem. Sorry for my 'emotional' answer ;)

> > ...lack of documentation...
> But i could contibute a little requirement.dtd with two XSL style sheets
> (and even a servlet to generate html on the fly)
> which produces a nice 'reference hadnbook' overview. It is very simple,
> and the first
> time as a hacker i have no problems anymore documenting what i code.
>
> You just fill out some tags in your developing editor about what you are
> doing in the moment and everybody can see the current state of your
> project in his/her browser.
>
> If your are interested, have a look on
> http://www.xmlBlaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/requirement.html
> how it looks like in the browser.
> This is the dtd
> http://www.xmlBlaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/requirement.dtd
> etc.
>
> If you want to use it, i can tell you how to set it up
> (everything is in the xmlBlaster distribution as well, with a makefile
> to build the html file without servlets).

Thanks. I will check it and see if it meets our needs.

However, we need white paper or something that provides a overview of the
architecture and the possibilities of an OODBMS. No tool prevents us from
writing those things down.