Re: XML updates

To begin with, I'm not the XML/XPath guy but Lars just leaves for dinner so I
will try to answer ;)

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Rajiv Rawal wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am new to Ozone and am trying to understand more about how to persist
> .retrieve XML documents & edit/update XML.
>
> Are there any XPath semantics (XML fragments defined) to update/insert into
> persisted DOM's.
ozone/XML just uses Xalan for XPath functionality. XPath can only query (read)
DOM. There is no standard XML 'update' language yet.

> If I query (using XPath) and want to update that fragment
> how would I do that.
Just call the 'update' DOM methods you need. Each node is a database object.
The database sets locks implicitely and finds out what and when to store.

> Also I couldn't find any explicit transaction API's and usage.
See samples/XML/Query.java. The result set is printed between explicite
transaction boundaries.