Re: XML updates

Hi,

Thu, 20 Apr 2000 Falko Braeutigam wrote:
>... Lars just leaves for dinner so I will try to answer ;)
Right back from the dinner I support your answer.

Here is a quotation from the XPath Recommendation:
 "XPath is a language for addressing parts of an XML document ..."

So this language is not designed to allow update capabilities.

There are a lot of papers about goals and requirements of an XML
query language (e.g. http://www.w3.org./TR/xmlquery-req) and all
of these papers say nothing about updates.

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de
softwarebuero m&b (SMB)              http://www.softwarebuero.de