RE: XML updates

Hi,

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 Michael French wrote:
>! That last sentence definitely deserves a !

Ok! Next time I will use stronger punctations!!!! ;-)

>It is extremely strange that all the specification effort
>has gone into read-only queries, and none into updates
>(except for actual implementations which have to provide something).
>e.g. I went through the XQL spec, only to find page after page of
>primordial XPath syntax, but no mention of updates !

Actually I see no reason to use ore implement XQL, b/c there are no extensions
to XPath or specifications which are really needed - IMO.

>XUL is a bad choice of acronym, vs. the Mozilla UI language
>(but maybe IBM were first ?).

Finding the right name or acronym for a project is a hard job. See the
discussion about XForms and XMLForms below. ;-)

>Don't know about TreeDiff status,

It's a pitty. I think it is a great tool. But anyway my question was
about the used update language. Any ideas on this?

>There's an implementation, and I suppose Donald is using it at
>Webslingerz (with a company name like that maybe he should have
>called the project XMLFormz - to avoid confusion with so many other
>XML form-based specifications). Also Jeremy Quinn has posted to the
>Cocoon list with some follow-on requirements and proposals for form
>interfaces.

I've downloaded a package but no one here at SMB had the time to
have a look at it.

>[...snipped...]

>Sounds like perfect match. After surfing many possible technologies
>and products, we have converged on a similar requirement.

Maybe you can give us your list of requirements, so we can work
together or at least bounce ideas off of each other.

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de
softwarebuero m&b (SMB)              http://www.softwarebuero.de