Re: Update Failed without Integer type??

------Original Message------
From: Falko Braeutigam <falko@softwarebuero.de>
To: ozone-users@ozone-db.org
Sent: April 27, 2000 1:12:23 PM GMT
Subject: Re: Update Failed without Integer type??

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Kenny Go wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have been testing the samples/simple. Found out that if the
> f/w methods were removed. Ozone is not able to update the
> whole object except the object name.

I don't follow, sorry. What do you mean by "not able to update the
whole object"? What happens? Can you explain a bit more.

Falko

In samples/simple, it creates an object name like
"auto" with name as "Ford" and age as "3".
I can print the value by running the "Local" using
"java Local print".

However, if I remove setAge method from Auto & AutoImpl
classes (ie. Left only setName method). Re-create
AutoImpl_proxy using "java org.ozoneDB.tools.OPP.OPP".
And I print the value by running the "Local" again.
I can't get any value printed not event the name "Ford".

If I did not able to explain clearly to you, you can
test it out by removing setAge method from Auto & AutoImpl.
Re-compile them And run "java Local create" and then "java Local print". You
will not get any value return!!

Regards.

Kenny Go