Re: revisiting the vanishing user (in Windows)

Thanks to all the people who replied to my post! It works now!:))

Jonaki

>>> falko@smb-tec.com 04/03/01 11:34AM >>>
On Tue, 03 Apr 2001, Peter Schuller wrote:
> > [error](499) (null): Env.shutdown(): java.lang.ClassCastException: org.ozoneDB.c
> > ore.TransactionManager
> >     java.lang.ClassCastException: org.ozoneDB.core.TransactionManager
> >         at org.ozoneDB.core.Env.storeSetup(Env.java:368)
> >         at org.ozoneDB.core.Env.shutdown(Env.java:280)
> >         at org.ozoneDB.core.Server.main(Server.java:181)
>
> I'm getting the same after doing an update, except it complains about
> AdminManager instead. The original exception actually occurs earlier
> btw in env.setupStore(), and then gets caught in the exception handler
> which invokes env.shutdown() before it prints the stacktrace of the
> exception, hence yielding a red herring (although I suppose the cause is the
> same).
>
> The reason is that AdminManager (which gets added on line 229 IIRC)
> does not extend ServerComponent, so the iteration in setupStore croaks. But
> I don't know enough about Ozone yet to have a clue what should be changed...
>
> Anyways. That was probably obvious to Falko right away, but I wanted to have
> a look anyway to learn something :)

No, no - this is great! ;) Right now I have my hands deep in a customer project
and so I wasn't immediately seeing what's going on. Now it's clear. My super
sunday evening bug fix patch was still not completely checked in. :( The
AdminManager was missing. It's now in CVS. Please check this. (I wonder
what else is missing ;)