Re: Username Problem

On Tue, 03 Apr 2001, arbrown@visi.net wrote:
> Here's what's probably another simple question from a new Ozone user.
>
> My computer is registered to me, under the name 'Adrian Brown'. After
> starting the Ozone server, when I try to access it with the sample
> program, I get an error saying that 'Adrian Brown' doesn't have
> permission to access it. I've tried adding the name to the users list,
> but can't add a username that consists of more than one word.
>
> Does anyone have any advice for this sort of username problem? Either
> adding a username with two words? Or how to try to access the service
> with some other username?

This seems to be a problem of the shell that executes the ozoneAdmin command.
Unfortunately I don't know how to force it to not break the string. To fix this
you can change the sources of the client. Instead of

ExternalDatabase db = ExternalDatabase.openDatabase("ozonedb:remote://localhost:3333" );

use:

ExternalDatabase.openDatabase( "ozonedb:remote://localhost:3333", <user>,
<passwd> );