Long-running transactions in Ozone?

Hello all,

I am using ozone in a Servlet environment as the backend to a dynamic website.
It would be quite useful to be able to start an explicit transaction at the
begining of a "wizard' (multi-page form with Back, Next, Finish, and Cancel
buttons) and keep it alive in the user's session between requests.  Can anyone
give me some pointers on using explicit transactions in ozone?  The example
shown in /samples look pretty straightforward.  What are some pitfalls to look
out for?  I noticed that setTransactionTimeout() is not implemented.  Are
transactions timedout, or do they live until commited or rolledback?

Thanks,

Nathan Probst