Re: Long-running transactions in Ozone?

> I am using ozone in a Servlet environment as the backend to a dynamic website.
> It would be quite useful to be able to start an explicit transaction at the
> begining of a "wizard' (multi-page form with Back, Next, Finish, and Cancel
> buttons) and keep it alive in the user's session between requests.  Can anyone
> give me some pointers on using explicit transactions in ozone?  The example
> shown in /samples look pretty straightforward.  What are some pitfalls to look
> out for?

I don't know about pitfalls in ozone itself. The question is if it
is a good idea to keep a transaction open over several pages since
AFAIK ozone has pessimistic locking, i.e. an update method locks
all used objects until the transaction is finished. So, a user can
lock the whole system until he finished the forms and all other
users have to wait.

Best Regards,
Gerd

Gerd Mueller                                    gerd@smb-tec.com