XPath queries

Hi - I am new to ozone, please pardon my ignorance :)
I have installed 1.0 and have the samples running, and have explored
the API docs and the archives of this list for the last couple
months.
Here is my question:
I would like to be able to search the database for documents
containing specific values for specific elements (or use "contains").
(Not a huge number of documents, let's say for sake of an example,
2500, and they are fairly small, as well (say 100K each).)
I was thinking that I could use objectsByClass to get a list (ok,
array) from the database, and apply an XPath query to each one. I
have read in the archives that objectsOfClass might go by the
wayside.

If I am so far out of touch with reality, please go ahead and say so.
(You would save me considerable time and energy if it just isn't
feasable :)
TIA
-- Scott Raven, scott@omscs.com on 04/30/2001 at 15:04:30