RE: JDO from Sun

> We are already using Castor to map the XML class descriptor to
> Java and vice
> versa.

That cool, didn't know that..

> However, I'm not sure if this Castor feature is of any use
> for ozone
> because Castor produces 'static' Java code out of a XML schema to allow
> programmers to manipulate XML resources via Java. What we need
> for ozone is a
> technology that produces a XML/DOM representation of any given
> object on the
> fly.

Are you talking about converting a set of objects (nested) into a DOM
representation or dumped to an XML file?

> Also, using ozone as a store back-end for Castor doesn't make to
> much sense
> IMO. Assaf, the maker of the persistency part of Castor, is strongly RDBMS
> oriented... However, maybe the JDO spec itself leaves the door
> open even for
> OODBMSs. Ideas?

I got the feeling this is the case. Castor should work will serval forms of
storage, including OODBMS like ozone, but of course you have to write an
adapter. I don't know the internal workings of Castor very well, but I would
think that if ozone has some sort of supports for OQL/JDO like Castor, then
writing the adaptor would be easy?

-david