FW: Using Ozone as embedded database

I meant to send this to the mailing list as well.

- -----Original Message-----
From: Mark Addleman [mailto:mark_addleman@321.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2000 7:51 AM
To: Falko Braeutigam
Subject: RE: Using Ozone as embedded database

Thank you.  Soon after I wrote my email, I discovered the
LocalDatabase.

Have you given any thought to dynamically generating the proxy
classes?

I believe this could be done through a custom classloader.  Further,
this classloader could analyze the classfile that it is loading and
determine dynamically which methods are mutators.

If you really wanted to go to the extreme, this custom classloader
dynamically modify classes as they were loaded so that when an object
is constructed, it is automatically added to the database.

I see this as moving toward the ultimate goal of a completely
transparent persistent objectbase.