Re: usability

On Thu, 04 May 2000, Raymond Choc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are currently considering using your OO database for a
> large comercial system.
>
> we would appreciate it very much to receive answers regarding the
> following questions:
>
> - Is Ozone transaction oriented / transacton save ?
yes

> - Is ther a support for transaction logging and forward recovery ?
no. which OODBMS provides this feature? How they have done it?

> - How is OQL supported (Is is full implemented ? )?
> - I see a interface "OQLQuery" , which class implements this interface ?
> - The class OzoneODMG has a method called newOQLQuery(), why do not all
> database classes, e.g. RemoteDatebase, own this method ?
OQL is not supported and we don't plan do it in the future. (right people?) If
you need a query language, then you may express your stuff in XML (or wait for
DOM wrapper that is planed for the future) and use XPath or any other XML query
lang. If this isn't possible, then using any query lang is probably not a good
idea. Why do you think OQL is needed?

> - Some methods seam to be not implemented like the method "objectsOfClass"
> of the Class RemoteDatabase, why is this not documented ? And when will
> those methods be implemented ?
Never, I think. It will be removed because it doen't fit into the current ozone
architecture, IMO. (other opinions here people?)