RE: Does 0.4 work with either JDK1.3 or VisualAge?

Thanks for the info, Falko.  I guess I didn't see the JDK1.3 notes in the
archives.

-----Original Message-----
From: Falko Braeutigam [mailto:falko@softwarebuero.de]
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2000 7:13 AM
To: mark_addleman@321.net; Mark Addleman; Ozone-Users
Subject: Re: Does 0.4 work with either JDK1.3 or VisualAge?

On Fri, 05 May 2000, Mark Addleman wrote:
> >%_I've been pulling my hair out for the last day trying to get Ozone 0.4
> work.  Attached is the JAR file of java and class files for my test.
>
> When I run the test from the command line, using jdk 1.3, I get a null
> pointer exception.  Interestingly, when I try to run it in VisualAge,
Ozone
> hangs in Transaction.acquireContainer(ObjectContainer, lockLevel) at the
> "wait()" method when trying to execute the command car.setName(...).

As discussed here on the list: since the current binary distro is compiled
using
jikes it doesn't work with jdk1.3 on win. You have to compile the server
yourself or wait for the next release which should come in the next few
days.

A problem related to locks was recently reported by Raymond, maybe the same
thing. I will check this.