Request for experiences/advice

Hello All,

I am evaluating Ozone for use in a commercial
product (a medical expert system for cancer pain
management).

Ideally, much of the logic would exist as Java
middleware, and I am trying to avoid using an RDBMS
on the back end (e.g. with a poor-man's Object-
Relational mapper).
An ODB would seem to make better use of
development time in that persistence would occur
more naturally.

My concerns are
	-fewer programmers in the U.S. with ODB skills
		(a concern for longevity and maintenance)
	-commercial systems are costly
	-I can't tell how mature and well-supported Ozone is

I would love to use Ozone since I think it's a
great project.  However, I need to understand better
the level of support before betting someone else's
(my company's) resources on this.

Would anyone be so kind as to share their experience
using Ozone in this way?
	e.g.	-Robustness/bugginess
		-Documentation (yes, I know, I know...)
		-Overall ability to "transparently"
			integrate with development work
		-Performance (esp. with a LocalDatabase)

I would be happy to summarize if desired...did not see
this issue addressed in a FAQ or Listserv.

Thanks,
Dave Kim

David K. Kim, MD                        david.kim@cynergygroup.com
Senior Vice President, Technology             voice (206) 855-8026
Cynergy Group                                   fax (206) 855-0851
"Bringing evidence-based clinical expertise to the point of care."