Re: Uses of Ozone/XML repository?

Hi Phillip,

Mon, 15 May 2000 Phillip C. Rhodes wrote:
>I'm trying to understand what types of real world
>applications/uses/contexts would people store XML in the ozone database?
>
>What is the difference between the Ozone/XML implementation and just
>having a 2 column table(name, value) where name is the file and value is
>your XML string?  Wrapper the call that gets the value to return a
>parsed document...

I think  you message contains two different questions.

1. Why store XML in a hierarchy/structure?

As Olivier mentioned: the need of having a more _structured_ database then
RDBMS.

2. Why store XML into ozone?

Ozone fits the need of storing hierarchical structured datas like XML.

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de
softwarebuero m&b (SMB)              http://www.softwarebuero.de